Sunday 7 October 2012

Steak (courtesy of The Ashmount Country House Hotel, Haworth)

In one of my previous posts I reviewed the Ashmount Country House Hotel in Haworth, Yorkshire. I mentioned the amazing steak we had there. Below are the instructions on how to cook it. It's the only way I cook steak now.


Steak!


Serves 2

Ingredients

2 x good quality steaks (I've tried it with fillet, rump and T-bone so far!)
Salt and pepper
Dash of olive oil

Method

  1. Preheat oven to medium (I have it on 180.)
  2. Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
  3. Add a dash of oil to a heavy frying pan.
  4. Sear steaks for 1 - 2 mins on each side till lightly coloured.
  5. Remove from heat and place in a baking dish.
  6. Pop in the oven for about 5 - 8 mins (I like mine medium rare!)


With this your steak wont dry out and will remain juicy. It will take a couple of goes to get your timings right because everyone likes their steak done differently. But I am not a fan of charred steak, so this method is perfect for me!





No comments:

Post a Comment