Wednesday 17 October 2012

Basic Lemon Biscuits

I had a lemon sitting in the fridge that needed using up and with the other ingredients in my cupboard and fridge I decided to make some lemon biscuits.Very basic, light ones just to go with a cup of tea. It's a really easy recipe and you could substitute the lemon for orange or any other flavour. They only take about 30 minutes.


Ingredients:

100g Softened Butter
100g Caster Sugar (though I will admit I only had granulated, but whizzed it up in the food processor and it worked fine!)
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1 Beaten Egg
340g Plain Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
1-2tbsp milk

  1. Grease baking tray and preheat oven to about 180/ Gas Mark 4.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the lemon rind.
  3. Beat the egg with the lemon juice and beat into the sugar mixture.
  4. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the mixture and combine.
  5. Add in milk to form a dough.
  6. Roll out on a flour dusted surface to about 1/2 cm thickness and cut using whatever shape you fancy.
  7. Place on baking sheet and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes until lightly golden.
  8. Cool. I then dusted mine with some vanilla icing sugar I randomly have in my cupboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment